I’ve been looking at things to buy for friends & family this Christmas, and I’ve found some things under £10 that would be perfect gifts (especially if you don’t want to spend loads on every single present)! Some of these are from the websites I mentioned in my ‘how to save money buying presents’ post, so I think you should definitely check those out!
- Ciate Caviar Luxe Manicure Set – £3.95Whenever I’m stuck on what to get a girlfriend as a gift, nail polish sets are my go-to items because what girl doesn’t like doing her nails? I found this set on fragrancedirect for way less than the RRP so not only do you have an effortlessly brilliant present, the person you bought it for will also think you invested way more than you did (oops).
- Elizabeth Arden True Love Eau de Toilette Spray – £9.50 Every year I get perfume for Christmas, and it’s a really simple present. Unless your friend/family member is super picky about scents, this one always works!
- Cocktail Flavour Lip Balm – £3.25This is a fun present for that friend of yours who loves drinking (probably someone you went to all your freshers parties with, cos I already have someone in mind), and is unique & shows you put in effort.
- Camera Lens Cup – £9.99 Everyone has that one photographer friend, and if he/she doesn’t already have this, giving them this camera lens cup is a great way to acknowledge their hobby/job/passion and give them a great conversation starter for their morning coffee runs.
- Thankful Journal – £10Christmas means that the year is coming to an end, and what better way to prepare for a new year than pretty new stationery? A good friend of mine bought me this before I started uni, and it would also be a great gift to get for the beginning of 2016.
- Gun Metal Mini 2016 Diary – £4.50This is another great gift for basically anyone! I personally carry my diary almost everywhere (I prefer to write appointments down for some strange reason) so a mini diary is functional and super cute.
- Hot Water Bottle + Fluffy Socks – £9.50With the cold weather, fluffy socks will always be a godsend. No matter how much they deny it, everyone loves fluffy socks! Hot water bottles are also great for keeping warm. Also, if you have friends who are asthmatic (like me), hot water bottles are amazing for bedtimes because I can’t leave my heater on overnight or it makes the air too dry & I wake up feeling breathless/with a sharp pain in my chest (I’ve forgotten to turn it off a couple of times and felt like death the next day). I don’t know how much this applies to most asthmatic people but I have severe asthma so 100% recommend haha.
- 20 Pack Travel Motif Stud Earrings – £10 I love little earring sets! I think most girls are just constantly losing their earrings and these themed sets means you can wear two different earrings without them looking completely mismatched. Plus, they’re absolutely adorable and there are so many choices!
- Small Shoulder Bag – £7.99 Everyone needs a little black shoulder bag, ’nuff said.
- Marble Phone Case – £9.60 (if you use the code electric20)Okay so I kind of cheated with this one cos it actually costs £12! But I just recently started doing this affiliate thing with Coconut Lane and I was really excited but forgot to share it until now I thought I’d just pop it in here! It’s technically under £10 once you’ve used the code electric20 so yay! They also have other really cute things that you can check out (and the 20% off applies to everything!).
What stocking fillers do you guys usually get for Christmas & what are you planning on getting your friends & family this year?
Happy Tuesday xx
So as promised, my Christmas posts are starting! As a student on a limited budget, it’s really difficult to find presents that are nice and not too expensive. So I’ve put together a couple of websites I’ve found as well as some other tips to help you save money this Christmas!
The websites I’ve found are for discounted make up or fragrances which is great for any gifts you want to get for female friends or family members! Here are a couple of examples of deals you can get on each website.
- Save On Makeup Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion – RRP£7.45, you pay £2.99
Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Colour – RRP£20, you pay £12.99
- Fragrance Direct Ciate Velvet Manicure Set – RRP£20, you pay £4.99
Vera Wang Lovestruck – RRP£70, you pay £25.95
- Perfume Click OPI Nail Polish Sheer To The Top Gift Set – RRP£23, you pay £11.25 Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner – RRP£49, you pay £29.70
- Look out for presents throughout the year – A lot of times you find things are out of stock/suddenly more expensive when you start shopping around Christmas time, so a really good way to avoid the hiked up prices (and disappointment) is to keep a mental list of people you KNOW you’ll have to/want to buy presents for and if you spot something at any point in the year (I think I got one of my friend’s presents in April!) just get it! Just remember to keep track of your budget so you don’t accidentally overspend on each individual present.
- Use apps like Depop or Vinted – I personally spend quite a bit of time on Depop (you can check my profile out here), and quite often people are selling items ‘brand new with tags’ or ‘still in the packaging’ simply because they missed the return dates or got unwanted presents. Most people are more than willing to lower their prices a little (for example, I’m selling an ASOS pinafore new with tags for £10 when the RRP was £35!)
- Think outside the box – A lot of times the presents you think your friends/family want are really expensive, but since it’s always the thought that counts during festive seasons, a card or something hand-made would be equally well-appreciated! (For example: DIY instagram cards, monogram mugs or even washi tape notebooks!)
How’s your Christmas shopping going? Let me know if you’ve got any other good ways to save money this Christmas!
Thanks for reading xx
I haven’t done a make-up related post in a bit so I thought I’d do one on my everyday make up! I generally wake up like 45 mins before my lectures start so I don’t really have time for much, but here are the things I use every day!
- Concealer I don’t really have many spots but I’m allergic to A LOT of things so I always need concealer to cover up random rashes on my face. I’m currently using this LB Dual concealer, with both a stick and a liquid end. It’s really slim and easy to carry around and it’s also really easy to apply! I bought this back in Singapore & it’s running out, so if you have any concealer recommendations, leave a comment below!
- MascaraI got a small version of the Benefit They’re Real mascara in my October Birchbox (you can sign up for Birchbox here!) and I absolutely love it! I already have relatively long lashes, but they’re really straight so I need a little bit more length so they curl nicely. This mascara doesn’t clump like a lot of other mascaras (I refused to wear mascara for the longest time because it would clump) so I’m more than happy to use it every day.
- Eye ShadowI don’t use a lot of eyeshadow but I do occasionally like to add a little bit when I feel like I’m having a bad face day. I use the first Naked palette because I feel like the colours suit my skin tone the most. When I use this, I generally apply Virgin or Sin to my entire lid, then use Sidecar and Smog to make a slight smokey eye, and add a little bit of Half Baked if I’m feeling like a bit more gold.
- LipstickIf nothing else, I’m always wearing lipstick. I generally get cold very easily and always look a bit pale (especially my lips) so without lipstick people are always asking if I’m feeling ill. I love this shade (it’s called ‘classic rose’) because it’s not super bright and gives a very natural tint to my lips!
What are your daily make up essentials? If you have any make up suggestions please let me know, I’m constantly looking for new brands/products to try out!
Have a good week xx
Hope everyone’s week has been going well. Halloween weekend is over which means it’s Christmas season!! Maybe I’m a bit too excited, but considering I use a Christmas mug all year round, it’s pretty obvious it’s my favourite holiday!
But anyways, I thought I’d show you guys what I did for the Halloween weekend. I didn’t go to any crazy parties or anything but I did try a couple of outfits out for this boat party I was going to. I couldn’t decide between a devil, a vampire or a witch so I kind of tried them all out.
Devils Horns – Claire’s
Top – Pull and Bear (Out of stock but similar here)
I got really bored so I tried to give myself a bruise with make up and it kind of worked!! I’m absolutely awful at make up so I was pretty proud of myself.
I did try the whole vampire thing out but it didn’t really work because the fake blood made me break out in rashes so this was the look I decided to go with in the end. I was running a bit late so instead of drawing, I used this super cute cobweb face sticker thing! I even got nail art to match it. I also put on a fake septum ring just cos I thought it’d make me look badass (I was considering getting a real one but my parents basically said they’d disown me so I guess not haha).
Nails & face decorations – Claire’s
Septum Ring – Primark
Mesh Romper – Motel Rocks (dress version here)
Make Up – Urban Decay Naked palette, Buxom Menace Lipstick + Eyeko FAT liquid eyeliner (came in my October Birchbox which I will be reviewing soon!)
Over the weekend I also recorded a cover of Adele’s Hello (thinking I wouldn’t be going out at all haha).
How was your halloween weekend? Let me know what you dressed up as!
Thanks for reading!