So a couple of months ago I won a student competition by Student Tenant which meant I got a pair of tickets (+ accommodation) to New York for 4 nights!!! So this post is mostly just a huge thank you to Student Tenant! You should definitely check them out if you’re still looking for accommodation for the new academic year!
Just thought that since I haven’t posted in quite a while I’d share some pics from my trip, and then gradually go through all my other holidays this summer (Hawaii, San Francisco, Penang).
Dress: ASOS | Belt: Nasty Gal | Lipstick: Sephora | Bag: YSL | Shoes: Puma
This was my second time in New York so I roughly knew what I wanted to do (mostly shop HAHA). We arrived at 8pm on a Thursday so we spent our first day getting over jet lag and shopping. We also wanted to make sure we tried a bunch of food places in NYC that were supposed to be good so we had Otto’s Tacos!
On day 2, we spent the morning around our hotel (Row NYC!!), which was basically Times Square.
In the afternoon, I went to watch Anastasia the musical (PLEASE WATCH). I brought my flatmate with me and she’d never been to New York before so after the musical we went to check out Radio City Hall and Rockefeller center.
On Day 3 we had brunch at Sarabeth’s, walked through Central Park and visited all the museums.
Top: Fila (ASOS) | Skirt: ASOS | Bag: 3.1 Phillip Lim | Shoes: Korea (similar ones on EGO)
Didn’t really take a lot of pictures most days because I was constantly distracted hahaha.
On the last day we went to Washington Square Park and Bryant Park, and also took the Staten Island Ferry and saw the Statue of Liberty.
Top: Korea | Jeans: Tokyo | Shoes: Korea
Okay so that’s it!! Hope you guys are excited for the new school year starting soon & lets hope I start posting again HAHA.
So as you probably noticed, I took a pretty long break from my blog. But now I’m back and am going to get you up to date on my life right now! Over the summer I went to Korea, Japan and a private island in Indonesia, I’ll be sharing pictures from all these places with you!
I’d been to Korea before so I knew all the places to go to (for shopping hehe) and I bought loads! If you’re planning on going, I suggest hongdae for young/teenage-y stuff, myeong dong for a good mixture of beauty & shops, and dongdaemun for wholesale markets etc (if i’m not wrong, cos we didn’t go to dongdaemun this time). Gangnam underground station is pretty good too, but I went on a rainy day and it was really crowded and I had random people shaking their wet umbrellas onto me…
We stayed at a hotel across the road from myeong dong, so we spent a lot of our time there. It’s where I got some of the clothes you’ll see in my other pics!
Dress: Topshop | Backpack: Singapore (random stall) | Shoes: Puma
Although we spent most of our time shopping, we did do a little bit of sightseeing and went to Gyeongbukgung Palace!
Entire outfit: Korea
We also went to Bukchon Hanok Village, where we got to wear hanboks (traditional korean outfits) and take pictures.
On one of our last days, we also went to Lotte World, which is an amusement park. I mostly went on kiddy rides but it was really fun!
Top & Culottes: Korea | Bag: Tory Burch | Shoes: Puma
Anyways, how was your summer? Promise I’ll post my Japan pictures soon so keep your eyes peeled! (Also I’m going to the Daughter concert at O2 brixton today so I’ll try and post pictures from that too!)
Have a great rest of the week! 🙂
I’m still a little swamped by my exams but here’s a quick post on my april favourites!
- L’oreal True Match Genius I bought this in the lightest colour (because Britain’s lack of sun made me so pastey HAHA), and I absolutely love it! It works out well in Singapore because it dries like powder so it’s not oily, but it still works out well in dry British weather!
- Colourpop – Frick n Frack I am in LOVE with colourpop and bought frick n frack, stingraye and bad habit and this one is my favourite! It’s easier to apply than I thought it would be and the colour stays so well.
- Zara Bomber Jacket I got this when I was visiting KL over Easter break, and I’ve been wearing it almost every day just because it adds such a nice edge to almost every outfit!
- NYX wonder stick Over the break I bought this great highlighting and contouring duo. It’s so easy to use because it’s a stick and it helps a make up beginner draw decent-ish contouring lines!
Anyways, I need to head back to work now so have a good weekend! Will try to post again soon!
Haven’t done one of these posts in a while but there were a couple of things I got/used a lot in February and I thought I’d share them!
- Valentino Poudre I was in Selfridges helping my friend pick out a gift for his mum and this perfume caught my eye! I’m really sensitive to smells and most perfumes are far too strong for me, but I love the sweet, powdery smell of this!
- Burberry Scarf I bought one of these at London Fashion Weekend and I literally have just been wearing it every day!!
- Nike Air Force 1s I’ve recently started wearing these again and I now remember why I love them so much! I wear dark colours a lot but these work really well with all my jeans! Plus I’ve been wearing them with mom jeans and my burberry scarf and I love how it looks!
- Skinny Mint tea I started this in January actually and then kind of stopped after 14 days cos I got lazy but it made me feel a lot less bloated and just generally like I had more energy! I’m currently trying out another teatox that I was sent to review and that should be up sometime next week!
- Kiko Lip Marker I’ve been using this a lot because most lipstick comes off while I’m eating (and I’m ALWAYS eating) and this lip marker just does not budge at all once it’s dry! I have this in Apple Red and I really love the colour.
What are some of your February favourites?
Thanks for reading! xx
Sorry for the unbelievably long gap between posts, I’ve been ill for the last week or so and just been stuck in bed feeling completely awful (curse you viral flu). I’m feeling vaguely better so I thought I’d do a little post about this great beauty website I’ve been working with!
4 You By You is a Student Focused Unisex Beauty Website run by a student at Manchester Metropolitan University who created the website during his placement year. This is a really student-focused website, so basically it focuses on offering established beauty products to students for student prices as well as offering other ways in supporting students (such as by providing opportunities to work with their student unions!)
Besides having a huge range of great beauty products (from make up to hair care to skin care and brushes) and links to possible job opportunities, the website also has things like tips & tricks – ‘how to survive freshers’, ‘money saving tips’ and many other posts which are really useful for university students!
Of course, the brand understands the need to focus on beauty lovers (and not just students), so besides the great discount codes they already have on the website for each individual university (you can check those out, as well as more information about working with your student unions here), you can use the discount code ‘ElectricConcept’ to get either 20% off or a Gift With Purchase Worth £5 on most products.
You can check out all of 4 you by you’s social media accounts below and you should definitely check out their website (I’m going back to reading their great tips & tricks page once I’ve posted this!)