So a couple of months ago I won a student competition by Student Tenant which meant I got a pair of tickets (+ accommodation) to New York for 4 nights!!! So this post is mostly just a huge thank you to Student Tenant! You should definitely check them out if you’re still looking for accommodation for the new academic year!
Just thought that since I haven’t posted in quite a while I’d share some pics from my trip, and then gradually go through all my other holidays this summer (Hawaii, San Francisco, Penang).
Dress: ASOS | Belt: Nasty Gal | Lipstick: Sephora | Bag: YSL | Shoes: Puma
This was my second time in New York so I roughly knew what I wanted to do (mostly shop HAHA). We arrived at 8pm on a Thursday so we spent our first day getting over jet lag and shopping. We also wanted to make sure we tried a bunch of food places in NYC that were supposed to be good so we had Otto’s Tacos!
On day 2, we spent the morning around our hotel (Row NYC!!), which was basically Times Square.
In the afternoon, I went to watch Anastasia the musical (PLEASE WATCH). I brought my flatmate with me and she’d never been to New York before so after the musical we went to check out Radio City Hall and Rockefeller center.
On Day 3 we had brunch at Sarabeth’s, walked through Central Park and visited all the museums.
Top: Fila (ASOS) | Skirt: ASOS | Bag: 3.1 Phillip Lim | Shoes: Korea (similar ones on EGO)
Didn’t really take a lot of pictures most days because I was constantly distracted hahaha.
On the last day we went to Washington Square Park and Bryant Park, and also took the Staten Island Ferry and saw the Statue of Liberty.
Top: Korea | Jeans: Tokyo | Shoes: Korea
Okay so that’s it!! Hope you guys are excited for the new school year starting soon & lets hope I start posting again HAHA.
Zaful was kind enough to send me some items to review so I’ll be sharing them with you today! It’s basically an entire outfit for less than 50USD so definitely worth checking out!
- Vintage Camouflage Jacket ($24 or £19) The jacket is really soft and comfortable and comfortably oversized! I love the distressed front and the flowers that were added to the camouflage pattern!
- Velvet Dress ($14.50 or £12) This dress has basically become my favourite thing ever!! It’s quite warm and decently thick, and it has pockets!!!!! It’s so comfortable to lounge in and looks super cute paired with doc martens! (It comes in 3 colours and I want them allllll)
- Eagle Claw Ring ($1.37 or £1.10)The ring is super quirky and I love that it’s a claw. It doesn’t feel like it’s a cheap material (I get allergic reactions to things really quickly and I’ve been wearing the ring all the time!)
- Wrap Necklace ($1.82 or £1.46)I didn’t manage to take a picture with the necklace, but I really love it and I’m going to bring it along with me when I go to Leeds this weekend (so hopefully you’ll get a pic then!)
I got everything pretty quickly, I was told that it would take almost 10-15 business days with a few days for the order to process but I got it within two weeks! I got the dress & 2 accessories in one package (they were dispatched first) and then the jacket in another! You only pay for postage once so it’s really great that they send everything to you as soon as they can even if it means splitting it up!
In terms of quality, everything was pretty decent (especially for the price), nothing felt cheap or bad quality and their customer service was great! I sent lots of emails for the collaboration and got really quick replies!
Anyways, if you’re interested in checking Zaful out (which I definitely think you should!) here are the links below! Retailmenot has loads of voucher codes so definitely worth checking before paying!
Have a great weekend!
So as you probably noticed, I took a pretty long break from my blog. But now I’m back and am going to get you up to date on my life right now! Over the summer I went to Korea, Japan and a private island in Indonesia, I’ll be sharing pictures from all these places with you!
I’d been to Korea before so I knew all the places to go to (for shopping hehe) and I bought loads! If you’re planning on going, I suggest hongdae for young/teenage-y stuff, myeong dong for a good mixture of beauty & shops, and dongdaemun for wholesale markets etc (if i’m not wrong, cos we didn’t go to dongdaemun this time). Gangnam underground station is pretty good too, but I went on a rainy day and it was really crowded and I had random people shaking their wet umbrellas onto me…
We stayed at a hotel across the road from myeong dong, so we spent a lot of our time there. It’s where I got some of the clothes you’ll see in my other pics!
Dress: Topshop | Backpack: Singapore (random stall) | Shoes: Puma
Although we spent most of our time shopping, we did do a little bit of sightseeing and went to Gyeongbukgung Palace!
Entire outfit: Korea
We also went to Bukchon Hanok Village, where we got to wear hanboks (traditional korean outfits) and take pictures.
On one of our last days, we also went to Lotte World, which is an amusement park. I mostly went on kiddy rides but it was really fun!
Top & Culottes: Korea | Bag: Tory Burch | Shoes: Puma
Anyways, how was your summer? Promise I’ll post my Japan pictures soon so keep your eyes peeled! (Also I’m going to the Daughter concert at O2 brixton today so I’ll try and post pictures from that too!)
Have a great rest of the week! 🙂
I’m still a little swamped by my exams but here’s a quick post on my april favourites!
- L’oreal True Match Genius I bought this in the lightest colour (because Britain’s lack of sun made me so pastey HAHA), and I absolutely love it! It works out well in Singapore because it dries like powder so it’s not oily, but it still works out well in dry British weather!
- Colourpop – Frick n Frack I am in LOVE with colourpop and bought frick n frack, stingraye and bad habit and this one is my favourite! It’s easier to apply than I thought it would be and the colour stays so well.
- Zara Bomber Jacket I got this when I was visiting KL over Easter break, and I’ve been wearing it almost every day just because it adds such a nice edge to almost every outfit!
- NYX wonder stick Over the break I bought this great highlighting and contouring duo. It’s so easy to use because it’s a stick and it helps a make up beginner draw decent-ish contouring lines!
Anyways, I need to head back to work now so have a good weekend! Will try to post again soon!
I know I’m terrible at posting when I’m on holiday, but I’m heading back to London on Sunday so it should be back to normal soon!
I changed my hair colour (again) so I thought I’d share some pictures of it! 🙂
The purple and turqouise in my hair hadn’t faded completely so I just dyed it ash (with a little bit of lavender) and it led to this gorgeous grey-ish purple at the ends!
Anyways I promise I’ll get another post up this week!
Have a good week! 🙂