Thought I’d show you guys what I was wearing today because I’m really digging it.
I’ve been wanting a pinafore dress for a while so you can imagine how stoked I was to get this one for only £5! I ended up having to get it in a bigger size than what I normally wear but since it was from the petite section it was still pretty manageable so I just kind of tied the straps at the back haha.
I think pinafore dresses somehow go really well with stripes, so I paired my metallic look pinafore dress with a striped turtleneck! I ended off the look with a pair of patent leather brogues because I thought it really added to the schoolgirl vibe that I was going for! (I used to wear a pinafore in school so this was a major throwback to that).
Pinafore – ASOS
Top – Bershka (similar here)
Shoes – Office (similar here and here)
It’s been a relatively warm week but since it’s December, we all have to be prepared for the cold that’s coming. Here are some coats for this winter that are super cute and under £50!
- Missguided Blazer Cape – £40Capes are great because they can give such a different look to your outfits! I used to think of superheroes/detectives when I heard the word ‘cape’, but while looking through coats this winter I saw so many capes that gave really princess-y elegant vibes. I love trying out new looks, and that’s why this is top on my list. I love this particular cape because of the collar and more blazer-like shape which makes it slightly more edgy and less girly (making it way easier to pair with a pair of skinny jeans when you’re running late and just need to grab a coat really quickly).
- Boohoo Fur Collar Coat – £35Despite my love for all things black or grey, I own a pastel coloured coat with a cute fur hood. I feel like having a pastel/light coloured coat is a great way to add a little pop of colour to your outfits. If you’re like me, and your winter wardrobe is 99% black, this super cute baby pink coat will probably be the only bit of colour your friends see all winter!
- New Look Padded Parka – £49.99 When it gets cold, parkas are essential. Most of my coats don’t have hoods (and I am still stubbornly refusing to replace my last umbrella) so when it rains, I either throw on a parka or brave the rain. I love the colour of this parka, and it’d go so well with almost any outfit!
- Pretty Little Thing Black Faux Fur Coat – £45 I’ve always been a fan of faux fur coats, they’re so fluffy and comfy and warm! But I’ve never owned one – mainly because I thought they were far too bold and I had no idea how to pull them off, but I recently got myself a gorgeous grey one so hopefully I’ll put up a ‘how to style’ post soon. If styled right, a faux fur coat can be a great day to night transition and can be dressed up or down, making them a definite must-have for winter!
- Faux Fur Lined Biker Jacket – £24.99 I’ve saved the best for last! As you’ve all probably seen from my instagram/previous posts, I basically live in my shearling biker jacket. I bought mine from the men’s section of ASOS so it’s really oversized (I got an XS but I still had to roll up the sleeves & my guy friends can all wear it haha), and I love the huge pockets! It keeps me super warm, and the metallic-look of the biker jacket itself makes the coat look really edgy (and slightly makes up for how oversized it is!) I was going to add the one I had to this list but it’s out of stock so here’s one I found from H&M instead (and for a really good price too)!
Let me know which one of these coats you guys have/which ones you’re planning on getting for this winter!
Happy Wednesday xx
It’s been pretty damn cold the whole week and I’ve basically been curled up with three blankets and the heater on just so I don’t freeze my butt off. I’ve gone into denial because I don’t want winter (cold, wet English winters can kill) to be here yet, so I’ve been countering it by adding colour to my outfits!
p.s. how do you guys like my hair? I touched it up and somehow got this multi-coloured effect despite only applying one colour (probably because I didn’t have gloves so I just kinda scrunched everything into my hair).
Usually the minute it hits 15 degrees I stop wearing colour, but I couldn’t resist this super cute cropped sweatshirt (plus, it says ‘bye’, which is basically how I feel about the weather right now). I paired it with my trusty mom jeans and air force ones for a bright look quite unlike my usual outfits. However, I obviously wouldn’t leave the house with at least a little bit of black in my outfit so I toned down the pastel/summery vibes of my outfit with my black oversized shearling biker coat & studded backpack. I think they really helped to bring a bit of edge to an otherwise girlish outfit!
Cropped sweatshirt – forever21
Mom jeans – topshop
Air Force 1s – Nike
Belt – Primark
Thanks for reading!